The Broadmoor area of Colorado Springs sits on the southeast side at the base of Cheyenne Mountain. With some of the city's most outstanding original mansions and the Broadmoor Hotel as a centrally-located, high-end venue, this part of town is one of the priciest and most admired in Colorado Springs. It includes gated-communities, townhomes, gorgeous terrain, the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, and historic residences. The incredible views and the beautiful hiking trails, rock-climbing venues, and waterfalls in Broadmoor capture the essence of Colorado Springs' golden days.
The old Ivywild School began to shrink in 1916, so in 2009, two local entrepreneurs turned the school building into a community resource that houses Bristol Brewing, a bakery, a deli, a concert hall, an art gallery, and a farmers' market. The Millibo Art Theater is located there, as well. Cheyenne Mountain Resort, a Colorado-lodge style location, offers a golf course, restaurants, and a Country Club with a lake.
Ready To Get Started On Your Dream Landscape?
In Colorado and Broadmoor specifically, the great outdoors is everyone's focus. Spending time skiing, ice skating, snowmobiling, hiking, climbing, and relaxing is what makes life enjoyable. The more time individuals spend in nature, the more stimulating, healthy, and happy their lives become. At least, that's what Coloradans say.
When you live in Colorado and own a beautiful, luxury home, you probably want the exterior sites on your property to look inviting, include a comfortable gathering place, display outstanding landscaping, and feature an overall unique design.
Folks in Colorado have gotten used to extending their personalities into the outdoor living spaces they create. Homeowners are considering:
- Designing outdoor spaces that reflect their lifestyle
- Taking time to envision and imagine how they want their natural settings used
- Landscaping in new and innovative ways
- Working on the issues on their property that can be improved
At Jake's Designs, our team joins with our clients to find the solutions Broadmoor residents need in their outdoor areas. Our design juices begin to flow when we compile your ideas with the space you want to upgrade. Just about anything can happen and does.
Jake's Designs Case Studies
When we were asked to landscape a new home located in the Flying Horse subdivision, we knew what our objectives were. Our clients wanted an entertainment space with a fireplace, enough lawn for the kids to play, a low maintenance softscape with pops of color, a solution to their drainage issues, all with some added curb appeal.
We accomplished these tasks by:
- Erecting terraced walls in the backyard to direct drainage and provide space for an entertainment area
- Incorporating a fire pit with surround-seating, that we placed on the stamped concrete patio
- Planting low maintenance, but high impact shrubs that flower during the entire growing season
- Placing fall color plantings to provide winter texture
It's great to know that the outdoor kitchen you've been dreaming about is attainable. Or if it's a hangout area with a fireplace you want, that's also possible, thanks to the experienced and knowledgeable team at Jake's Designs.
We've been around since 2000 and have worked with Colorado Springs clients by providing outstanding landscape architecture, building services, and design work. Our customers will tell you that when Jake's Designs takes on your project, your costs will be transparent; you will know what to expect; you will know the steps we take, and your timeline and budget will be in the forefront of our minds.
At Jake's Designs, we like to make sure that we include features that tell a story; give homeowners a feeling of the great outdoors; offer cozy and welcoming gathering places, and use natural materials that accent the beauty of the property.
We like to utilize various creative tools to enhance a property. A patio is a powerful addition to a homeowner's backyard, but when we are asked to design and build fire pits and fireplaces, that's when the fun begins. When asked for features that will increase the value of the home and will knock the socks off the kids, teens, and adults who live in the house and their neighbors, we say, "How about a pizza oven." We usually get a few high-fives when we suggest a pizza-cooking feature.
In and around Colorado Springs, there are native plants that will love growing in your yard along with stones and types of wood that are not found in other places. That's where hardscaping comes into the picture. Using Colorado materials and the inspiration that comes from living near mountains and big skies make landscaping in our state much like creating art.
- We like to know our goals and objectives before we begin a job. That means we want to observe what you want and how you want to accomplish the project.
- Then, you will see us measuring, analyzing your drainage patterns; searching your location for sunlight patterns for each season on your property; the views to which you have access, and privacy capabilities.
- Our guys will spend time looking at pictures and other references you have found that will illustrate what you want to attain.
- Jake's Designs always presents its clients with scaled drawings that include all the ideas on which you have decided.
- We will walk through all the options you have regarding plantings, materials, and structures so that we can fulfill your vision for your outdoor property in a cost-effective and environmentally-friendly manner.
- You will receive a cost estimate based on the preliminary plans we have made.
- Once everything has been discussed and approved, you will have a complete planting layout and will understand how the chosen materials are incorporated.
- A specific contract is drawn up.
- Installation of your landscaping project takes place.
- Our company ensures that you have a landscape that is well-constructed and strikingly beautiful.
If you love outdoor living, Jake's Designs is the place you need to visit. We know that our customers enjoy the outdoors for visiting with their family and friends. Some of our clients are looking for a space in which they can meditate. Others want to cook and entertain in a natural setting. And some want to use their yards for escaping the turmoil of the day.
Colorado residents look at the outdoors as an extension of their living spaces. They also want their landscape to be sustainable and gentle on Colorado's environment. That's how all of us at Jake's Designs feel, as well. Give us a call and let's make a time to talk about your project. We'll probably talk a little bit about football while you're here. The bottom line is that it is our fondest pleasure to be a part of the greater Colorado Springs community.
What Makes Us Different
Jake's Designs takes a sustainable approach to every Flying Horse landscape design project, donating usable materials and recycling excess materials. We are proud to help make Colorado Springs a more beautiful area in which to work and live. For inspiration, have a look through our gallery of projects!
Explore the Possibilities and Realize Your Dreams
Call Jake’s Designs at (719) 271-2584 or contact us! Or upload photos of your current landscape or yard. Tell us about the kind of landscape design you want to achieve. As your local landscape designer, we make the process smooth, so you can realize an enhanced outdoor living space for decades to come!
“From unbeatable landscape experience to dedicated project managers to warranty-backed work, we delight our customers every day with landscape design expertise and service.”