Sustainability, environmental-friendly, low-maintenance - these are the things that homeowners are looking for today. And we understand why. Our planet needs taking care of, and Coloradans are the first folks in line when it comes to keeping our world healthy. That brings us to one of our favorite subjects - xeriscaping. For those who need an explanation of the word xeriscaping, here's what we mean by that:
- The use of native plants
- Environmentally positive features, grasses, shrubs, local rocks, and boulders
- Lower maintenance
- Assisting areas that are susceptible to drought
- Landscaping areas where water conservation is a high priority
- Dry landscaping
Most importantly, here at Jake's Designs, we want to add beauty, appealing features, and water conservation measures to your property. One of the cities where you can find us most often is Monument, CO.
Ready To Get Started On Your Dream Landscape?
The Town of Monument, Colorado
Gardening and landscaping in Colorado can be challenging at times. Our winters can be long, and dry; high altitude can mean that making your landscape outstanding might include asking for assistance from the pros.
The citizens of Monument are interested in the history of their city and its surrounding areas. They are the kind of folks who are naturally drawn to all things cultural, of the arts, many outdoor activities and keeping their city beautiful and welcoming. They are the type of people who want to take care of their property, think globally, and love entertaining and gathering in their backyards.
They say the city has a suburban feel, with many parks and excellent schools. Monument has been named #1 in Best Places to Live in the Colorado Springs Area. The population is 6,760. Imagine walking out onto your backyard deck to relax and converse with your family and friends and enjoying the gorgeous xeriscape techniques that make your property so striking.
The intelligent water irrigation methods make way for colorful and widely varied plants that can thrive in the aridest of locations. When you work with an expert landscaper, you can make your property not only environmentally-friendly but also gorgeous, as well.
Individuals who live in Monument receive a $50 rebate taken off their water bill if they add a rain barrel to their property. The water collected is to use for outdoor lawn or garden irrigation. The rain barrels used must have a sealable lid to keep pests and insects from getting into or using the water collected. Monument residents also get a rebate for using WaterSense toilets.
Homeowners get a $100 rebate if they use a WaterSense Irrigation Controller. The controller uses current weather data to adapt to irrigation schedules. The controllers are certified by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and allow for adequate watering for a landscape without overwatering.
The Price of Water
In November of 2018, the Denver Board of Water Commissioners adopted rate changes to fund essential repairs and upgrades to the Denver Water System, which began in February of 2019. The Centennial State has a precipitation rate of only 15 inches annually. Because of these circumstances, the conservation of the state's water supplies is crucial. Whenever possible, farmers, state systems, and individual homeowners use the water they receive carefully
Because of the high price and, in some cases, the scarcity of water, xeriscape landscaping if the top choice for many who live in Colorado. Investing in this type of plant and decorative model will save money over time and require less water and maintenance, as well.
More Benefits of Xeriscaping
When planning your landscape, we suggest considering these options:
- There are multiple choices for planting such as drought-resistance plants, high-desert grasses, and shrubs
- Plants that bloom for a long while
- Plants that bloom throughout the season
- A significant reduction in yard work and maintenance
- Water savings
- Intelligent irrigation models
- A sense of pride for including environmentally-friendly "outdoor living" into your life
Along with being a stand-out citizen for your thoughtfulness for and protection of our environment, you and your family will find that lovely landscaping is going to encourage you to spend more time in your fabulous outdoor space. This extension of bringing the indoors outside will be something you will be happy to share with others. Enjoy your view while reading a book on your patio. Invite your friends over for a cook-out with s'mores for dessert. Your home and your attitude will change. Being outside will feel like you're taking a vacation. Your whole family will have a spot to rest, relax, talk, have a meal, and, yes, escape.
How Jake's Designs Can Help You Make Your Vision a Reality
We enjoy working with our clients in Monument, but we also design for those who live in Colorado Springs, Broadmoor, Chipeta Park, and more. Our focus is in the Colorado Springs area.
- Jake and his crew want to get to know you, your family, and your ideas. We feel an essential part of our job is to thoroughly understand your site, your plans, your style, and your overall dreams for your landscape.
- Before we move a shovel of dirt, we want to make sure we know what you want to change, add, build, or remove. It is most exciting for us when we are asked to create a xeriscape because we know how handsome this type of landscaping can be and we know how excited you will be with your new yard.
- After we understand what you want to incorporate into your landscape design, we get to work.
- We will measure, become familiar with your property's drainage patterns, and will analyze the views, plants, privacy issues, and trends you want to add to your property.
- Our team will ask for any pictures, plans, or drawings you have that would help us design and install what you have in mind.
- Jake's will then draw a scale model of your vision and present it to you for your approval or changes.
- Once we have the assurance that we are on the same page as you and your family, we will suggest the plantings, materials, that meet your environmental needs, and the prices for the options we have presented.
- Now we can provide you with the estimate for the materials and labor needed for your design.
- Once we agree on the estimate, we will come up with the final plan and costs in the form of a contract.
- Our team will begin your project and will work to ensure the design and installation is correct, well-constructed, and safe.
At Jake's Designs, we like to say:
You know what to expect, and we know what to deliver!
Contact us today for more information.
What Makes Us Different
Jake's Designs takes a sustainable approach to every project, donating usable materials and recycling excess materials. We are proud to help make Colorado Springs a more beautiful area in which to work and live. For inspiration, have a look through our gallery of projects!
Call Jake’s Designs at (719) 271-2584 or contact us! Or upload photos of your current landscape or yard. Tell us about the kind of landscape design you want to achieve. As your local landscape designer, we make the process smooth, so you can realize an enhanced outdoor living space for decades to come!
We Aim For Complete Customer Satisfaction
See why our customers trust us with their outdoor living spaces and professional landscape design.
“From unbeatable landscape experience to dedicated project managers to warranty-backed work, we delight our customers every day with landscape design expertise and service.”
Landscaping Jobs at Jake’s Designs in Colorado Springs, CO
At Jake’s Designs, we're committed to delivering the highest quality services for homeowners in the Colorado Springs, Colorado area and surrounding neighborhoods. If you are looking for landscaping jobs and can commit to the highest quality and customer-focused culture, consider applying for one of our many opportunities!
To learn more, visit our careers page or contact us at (719) 271-2584.
Colorado Springs | Chipita Park | Broadmoor | Black Forest | Monument | Rockrimmon | Cathedral Pines | Cordera | Flying Horse | Peregrine | Kissing Camels | Star Ranch | Woodmoor